Devon Kennard is an athlete, public speaker, philanthropist, and a businessman. He plays for NFL as a linebacker for the New York Giants. Kennard’s history is closely linked to American Football, as he isn’t the first person in his family to play the game. His father played in the NFL for thirteen years and won a Super Bowl for the Dallas Cowboys in the year 1996. Devon was a top 10-college prospect; a US Army All American and a five star recruit out of Phoenix, AZ. He graduated college from the University of Southern California with an undergraduate degree in Communications, in the year 2012, securing a GPA of 3.4. After his under graduation, he pursued his master’s degree in Communication Management with an emphasis on Marketing from USC in the year 2013 and secured a GPA of 3.8. Devon has two distinct lifestyles; one on the field and the other, off the field. Devon’s life encounters have shaped his personality as he is today and wants to share his experiences to inspire people.
Devon’s off the field engagements are diverse. He started volunteering his time at children’s hospitals while in college as well as helping the homeless. In 2012, he went to Haiti with college teammates and built four homes for families who were devastated by earthquakes. 2016 and 2017, Devon became a volunteer and a supporter of New City Kids, which is an after school program where kids are tutored and learn to play instruments such as piano and drums. He is an active volunteer as well as a donor to New City Kids. Devon created the #ReadingWithDK book club where he chooses books and offers a chance for all of his followers on social media to read along with him. He then poses questions about the book and everyone who answers the questions enters a chance to win select prizes. Devon’s philosophy behind the book club is to help make reading cool again. He also participates as a speaker in middle schools, churches, high schools, as well as business events.
Devon belongs to a family of footballers; his father played in the NFL 11 years and started for the Cowboys in the 1996 Super Bowl. Devon’s NFL career began in 2014 where he was the 174th draft pick (5th round) by the New York Giants. Devon’s NFL career progressed quickly, he earned a starting spot his rookie season and was voted NFC Defensive Player of Week December 7, 2014. DK has started for the Giants every year of his career thus far. He is known for his versatility and ability to play as a linebacker and defensive end. Devon was chosen to be the NFLPA rep for the 2016 and 2017 seasons by his Giant teammates and was voted team captain for two games in 2018 and 17.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS THROUGH THE YEARS
- Keynote speaker at USC Athletic Fundraising event June 2013
- Voted team captain by coaches and players at USC 2013 season
- Keynote speaker at FCA fundraising event November 2015, December 2015
- Keynote speaker- Father Son breakfast AG Iona Prep HS January 2015
- Keynote iHorizon Church Kids Outreach program April 2015
- Keynote speaker- Desert Vista HS football team June 2015
- Voted team captain by coaches for NE GAME 2015 & Washington game i2015
- Main actor in Wendy’s fundraising Commercial raising money for foster kids in New Jersey November-January 2015
- Actor in Van HEUSEN Flex collar online commercial series September – November 2015
- Activist and promoter of NO MORE campaign against domestic violence August-November – 2015
- NFL Player Development job shadow – April – 2015
- ASU Athletic department job shadow – July – 2015
- Joyful heart foundation and NO MORE campaign spokesperson and donor – 2015
- Keynote speaker at AdvoCare promotional convention – January – 2016
- Invited to NFLPA Board Meetings – March – 2016
- Invited to align 5 entrepreneur camp in Keys Florida – February- 2016
- Speaker at monte vista Middle School – March 2016
- Speaker at Akimel A-al Middle Schools – March 2016
- Joyful heart foundation and NO MORE campaign spokesperson and donor – 2016